By the end of this course you will learn:
- How to recognize the signs of Bear and Cougar activity.
- Wildlife avoidance and deterrence strategies.
- How to prevent attracting wildlife into your camp or worksite.
- The proper selection and use of wildlife deterrents.
This online Wilderness Awareness course covers the following topics:
- Bear Activity.
- Bear Behavior.
- Bear Identification.
- Human-Wildlife Conflicts.
- Response to Bear Encounters.
- Non-Lethal Deterrents.
- Less-Lethal Deterrents.
- Overlooked Hazards.
- Mice and Rodents.
- Insects and Spiders.
- Cougar Encounters.
Approximately 1 hour
Testing conducted throughout this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark. Printable resources are available in the form of a comprehensive student manual. The manual is a valuable resource for future use and knowledge retention.
Certficate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.