This online Chainsaw Safety course covers the following topics:
- Chainsaw components and safety features
- Types of chainsaws
- Physical and site preparation for chainsaw use
- Safety requirements for chainsaw use, including PPE
- Hazard assessment, identification, and control
- Pre-operational inspections and function checks
- Chainsaw start-up methods
- Cutting techniques and best practices
- Post-operational maintenance and inspection
- Chain filing
Approximately 75 minutes
Testing conducted in this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
Certficate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing. This course is recommended to be retaken every 3 years from the course completion date indicated on the certificate.
If you have any questions regarding this course or any of the others, please contact us.