This online Accident/Incident Investigation course covers the following topics and is specific to Alberta:
- What is an “accident” and an “incident”?
- Why investigate accidents and incidents?
- What should be investigated?
- Who should investigate?
- How are accidents caused?
- The accident sequence model
- Reporting accidents
- Preparing for an investigation
- Investigating an incident
Approximately 3 hours
Testing conducted in this online course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to pass this course. The course is able to be taken three times in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
Certficate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing. This certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of completion printed on the certificate unless otherwise specified by an employer, legislation, or other authority. This course is recommended to be retaken every 3 years from the course completion date indicated on the certificate.