- The need to reduce risk to people, products, and property
- Lift truck fundamentals, including components and their functions
- The principles of balance, stability, and capacity
- The importance of a pre-operational inspection
- The procedures for completing both a visual and operational inspection
- How to safely enter, exit, and operate lift trucks
- How to operate lift trucks around pedestrians
- Guidelines for parking a lift truck
- Safe methods for picking up, moving, and deploying loads
- Procedures for surviving incidents
- Safe procedures for fueling gasoline and diesel powered lift trucks
- Safe procedures for replacing liquid petroleum tanks
- The proper methods for changing, charging, and adding water to industrial batteries
- And more
Approximately 2 hours
Testing conducted throughout this online Counterbalanced Forklifts course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course two times if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt. Supplemental materials for this course can be accessed online.
Certficate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print. Please note that, in some jurisdictions, additional practical evaluation on equipment may be required to ensure regulatory compliance.
If you have any questions regarding this course or any of the others, please contact us.