- The history of Federal Hours of Service legislation
- The human body clock and fatigue
- When driving is prohibited
- Which vehicles the regulations apply to and which are exempt
- Logbooks and daily duty status categories
- On-duty limits and off-duty requirements
- Sleeper berth requirements
- Cycles, cycle limits, cycle resets, and cycle switching
- Special permits for various vehicles
- Exemptions for emergencies or adverse driving conditions
- Out-of-service declarations
Approximately 4 hours
Testing conducted throughout this online Commercial Vehicle Drivers’ Hours of Service course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved. Supplemental materials necessary to complete this course can be accessed online.
Certficate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.