This Fall Protection (Alberta) course covers the following topics:
- Fall hazards
- The use and purpose of various fall protection systems
- The importance of fall protection from a legislative standpoint
- How to choose an anchor
- The purpose and function of full body harnesses
- The five classes of full body harnesses
- Requirements for connecting hardware
- The uses of various connecting devices
- The purpose and function of shock absorbers
- The hazards of various fall protection system components if not used correctly
- Maximum arrest force
- Calculating free fall distance and clearance
- Basic inspection and care requirements
- How to don a full body harness
- Basic requirements for fall protection plans, rescue planning, and preventing suspension trauma
Approximately 3 hours
You must receive a mark of 70% on each chapter in order to pass this course. Each chapter can be repeated as many times as needed in efforts to achieve the pass mark.
Certficate of Completion
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing. Please note that, in some jurisdictions, additional practical evaluation on equipment may be required to ensure regulatory compliance.
If you have any questions regarding this course or any of the others, please contact us.